New York’s real estate market is changing rapidly. Much of the city was recently (or is poised to be) re-zoned and development is creating entirely new neighborhoods such as Hudson Yards. At the same time, rising rents have posed a challenge for New Yorkers in both the residential and commercial space. Innovations are emerging such as co-working spaces, micro-housing units and new uses for vacant retail stores. This discussion will examine current trends and provide context about where we are headed.
Opening Remarks by Phillip St. Pierre, Senior General Manager at The Howard Hughes Corporation
Followed by a panel discussion with:
- John Arenas, CEO of Serendipity Labs
- John Banks, President of the Real Estate Board of New York
- Faith Hope Consolo, Douglas Elliman
- James Nelson, Vice President in Capital Markets Group, Cushman & Wakfield
- Eliot Spitzer, Spitzer Enterprises
Moderated by Ken Biberaj, Manhattan Chamber Board Chairman
*This event is by invitation only. Invitations are non-transferable.
iPic South Street Seaport
11 Fulton Street New York NY